Bella Sun Luci

Thank you to Bella Sun Luci for sending me their families’ tradition of fine sun dried tomato products made from recipes handed down for generations. They make their award winning products with premium olive oil and their special blend of herbs. Every step of the process is done by them—they operate Mooney Farms and there they grow their tomatoes, clean them, dry them and process them ensuring only the best final product. I am sure I don’t have to tell you but the benefits of tomatoes are one of a kind. A diet rich in tomatoes is a great one and helps ward of disease in the body. I have had sun dried tomatoes before but never had worked with them. In the past, I have tasted them in pasta dishes, on salads etc but never created anything with them myself so I was excited! I went to their recipe database for inspiration and made some tweaks to their Cheesy Sun Dried Tomato Dip. Here is my version and it turned out sooo good! You can hop over to their site though for more recipes or the original dip recipe (click on them and they are nicely formatted into a word doc for you to print).

Cheesy Sun Dried Tomato Dip
1 tub Whipped Reduced fat cream cheese
1 Cup Greek Non-Fat Yogurt -- plain
¾ Cup Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes in Pure Olive
Oil & Herbs, Drained
Splash of lemon juice
½ tsp Sea Salt (I use and LOVE Lords of Salt Brand)
½ tsp Black Pepper
¼ cup Finely sliced fresh basil leaves
Blend cream cheese, yogurt, tomatoes, basil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a blender until smooth. Chill.
I referenced using Sea Salt in the recipe versus traditional salt – Lords of Salt makes an AWESOME Sea Salt, I used Traditional in this recipe but they have variations like Hazelnut, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and even Chocolate! Get your creative juices flowing!