Honeyville's Editors Notes

Honeyville makes some very unique products and a huge range of them. Recently, I tried their freeze dried blueberries and raspberries.


It has been months since I have had either of these fruits and was so excited to try them! After tasting they were so sweet I was sure that there had to be something added to them but their ingredient list was simple: blueberries and raspberries-- that is it! I was so impressed and jumped back on their website to learn a bit more. Their berries contain no additives, preservatives or sugar. They are just that good! I was so impressed by the Editor's Notes though with ideas for using the berries.
Check out this one: Editor's Notes: I'm always looking for new and different ways to get a healthy breakfast that I can prepare and eat quickly. I think I have a winner with my latest breakfast creation. I take a packet or two ofi nstant oatmeal (wait, it gets much better), and add it to my coffee cup. I then add three tablespoons of Steel Cut Oats and two tablespoons of Freeze Dried Blueberries. I add water and microwave for a minute. The result is a chewy variation on oatmeal that has the great flavor of blueberries and sticks with me for hours. I get the benefits of a wholegrain in the Steel Cut Oats along with all of the anti-oxidants in theFreezed Dried Blueberries. It tastes great and starts my day off right. Give it a try and see what you think. Freeze Dried Blueberry is also great in smoothies and you can add dried blueberries to your cereal for an added treat.
My take: DELICIOUS idea editor! I made mine like this:
1/2 cup rolled oats
2 tablespoons steel cut oats (Honeyville of course)
3 tablespoons freeze dried blueberrieswater
In microwave for 3 minutes At work-- no pictures but taste is amazing and thick. The blueberries re-constitute themselves and are delicious, they make the oatmeal  a need for more sweetness added. I will be hopping back on the website here shortly to see if there are any other great recipe ideas!